You are: individual
Corebridge Financial and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“we”, or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy and Personal Information of the individuals we encounter in conducting our business. “Personal Information” is information that identifies or reasonably could identify you or other individuals (such as your dependents). Our aim is the responsible handling of Personal Information, balancing the benefits of activities like research and data analytics with our other commitments, including transparency and non-discrimination.
- this website (“the Site”), the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers, mobile devices, or other Internet-connected devices (the “Apps”), our social media pages set forth in the links in the footer on Corebridge Financial.com (our “Social Media Pages”) (collectively, including the Site, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, referred to as the “Corebridge Financial Online Services”); and
- other means (for example, from your application and claim forms, telephone calls, e-mails and other communications with us, as well as from medical professionals, witnesses or other third parties involved in our business dealings with you).
For information about Corebridge Financial Careers, please click here.
For California residents, please click here.
- Who to Contact About Your Personal Information
- Personal Information That We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- International Transfer of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Personal Information of Other Individuals
- Marketing Preferences
Who To Contact About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail us at PrivacyInfo@aig.com.
Personal Information That We Collect
Depending on your relationship with us (for example, as an individual policyholder; insured person benefiting under another policyholder’s policy, or claimant; witness; agent; financial representative; or other person relating to our business), Personal Information collected about you and your dependents may include:
- General identification and contact information
Your name; address; e-mail and telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date of birth; passwords on our systems; educational background; physical attributes; activity records, such as driving records; photos; employment history, skills, and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; relationship to the policyholder, insured or claimant; and date and cause of death, injury, or disability.
- Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies
Social Security or national insurance number; passport number; tax identification number; military identification number; or driver’s or other license number.
- Financial information and account details
Payment card number; bank account or other financial account number and account details; credit history and credit score; assets; income; and other financial information.
- Medical condition and health status
Current or former physical, mental or medical condition; health status; injury or disability information; medical procedures performed; personal habits (for example, smoking or consumption of alcohol); prescription information; and medical history.
- Other sensitive information
In certain cases, we may receive sensitive information about you, for example, if you apply for insurance through a third-party marketing partner that is a professional, trade, political, religious or community organization. In addition, we may obtain information about your criminal record or civil litigation history in the process of preventing, detecting, and investigating fraud. We may also obtain sensitive personal information if you voluntarily provide it to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding medical treatment based on your religious beliefs).
- Telephone recordings
Recordings of telephone calls to our representatives and call centers.
- Photographs and video recordings
Photographs or video recordings created in connection with our insurance or other business activities, including for claims assessment, processing, settlement, and disputes, or for other relevant purposes as permitted by law.
- Information to investigate or prevent crime, including fraud and money laundering
Insurers commonly share information about their previous dealings with policyholders and claimants for this purpose.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services
Age categories of individuals you wish to insure; policy and claim numbers; coverage details; cause of loss; prior accident or loss history; your status as director or partner, or other ownership or management interest in an organization; and other insurance you hold.
- Marketing preferences, customer feedback and survey responses
You may provide us with Personal Information to let us know your marketing preferences, to enter a contest, or prize draw or other sales promotion, or to respond to a voluntary survey.
- Social media account and information from Apps
We may receive certain Personal Information about you when you use our Apps or Social Media Pages, including, but not limited to, your social media account ID and profile picture. If you elect to connect any of your other social media accounts to your account(s) on the Corebridge Financial Online Services, Personal Information from your other social media account(s) will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile relating to those accounts or your friends’ profiles.
- Information from Other Sources
We and our service providers may supplement the Personal Information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our affiliates or business partners.
How We Use Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Respond to your requests.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies or terms and conditions, or to our Corebridge Financial Online Services or other administrative information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide insurance and assistance services, and other products and services which we offer, and to provide such products and services, including claim assessment, processing, and settlement; and, where applicable, to manage claim disputes.
- Assess your eligibility for payment plans and process your premium and other payments.
- Provide improved quality, training, and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers).
- Prevent, detect, and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and to analyze and manage other commercial risks.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Personalize your experience when using our Corebridge Financial Online Services or visiting third-party websites by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you.
- Identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through any of the Corebridge Financial Online Services.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Facilitate social sharing functionality.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; data analytics; business continuity; and records, document and print and scanning management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions, and anti-terrorism; to comply with legal process; and to respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or business partners, our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our group companies, you, or others; and to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfer of Personal Information
Sharing of Personal Information
Corebridge Financial may make Personal Information available to:
- Our group companies
Other Corebridge Financial group companies may have access to and use of Personal Information in connection with the conduct of our business, where appropriate.
- Other insurance and distribution parties
In the course of marketing and providing insurance and processing claims, Corebridge Financial may make Personal Information available to third parties such as other insurers; reinsurers; insurance and reinsurance brokers and other intermediaries and agents; appointed representatives; distributors; affinity marketing partners; and financial institutions, securities firms and other business partners.
- Our service providers
External third-party service providers, such as medical professionals, accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; call center service providers; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; third-party claim administrators; document and records management providers; claim investigators and adjusters; examiners; jury consultants; translators; and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Recipients of your social sharing activity
- Providers of Internet-connected devices and associated software
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Corebridge Financial may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other Third Parties
We may share Personal Information with payees; emergency providers (fire, police and medical emergency services); medical networks, organizations and providers; travel carriers; credit bureaus; credit reporting agencies; and other people involved in an incident that is the subject of a claim; as well as purchasers and prospective purchasers or other parties in any actual or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- Should you prefer, we will not disclose certain confidential Personal Information about you to non-affiliated third parties. You may opt out of those disclosures; that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures requested by you or required or permitted by law). Should you wish to opt out of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties you may contact us by e-mail at PrivacyInfo@aig.com. We will not disclose Social Security Numbers to third parties, except where required or permitted by law.
Personal Information may also be shared by you on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages and Apps). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information and may be available to visitors who access the Corebridge Financial Online Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Corebridge Financial Online Services.
To protect your Personal Information, Corebridge Financial will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage or processing system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), or if you have other data security questions or concerns related to Corebridge Financial, please immediately notify us. (See the "Who to Contact About Your Personal Information" section above.)
When Corebridge Financial provides Personal Information to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures reasonably designed to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information.
If we believe the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
Personal Information of Other Individuals
We will provide you with regular opportunities to tell us your marketing preferences, including in our communications to you. You can also contact us by e-mail at PrivacyInfo@aig.com to tell us your marketing preferences.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from Corebridge Financial on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking on the link to “unsubscribe” provided in each e-mail or by contacting us at the above address. We will endeavor to comply with your email marketing opt-out request(s) within a reasonable time period. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to those to whom we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date on which we respond to your email marketing opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt out of receiving email marketing communications from us, we may still send you other important administrative communications from which you cannot opt out.
Questions and Concerns
Other Information We Collect Through our AIG Online Services
“Other Information” is any information we collect which is not listed above, but which may be considered Personal Information in certain circumstances and in certain jurisdictions, such as:
- Browser and device information;
- App usage data;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most websites or automatically through your device, such as your IP address (i.e., your computer’s address on the internet), screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version, time of the visit, page(s) visited and the name and version of the Corebridge Financial Online Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the AIG Online Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device identification number or another unique identification number.
Third parties may collect information about your use of the Corebridge Financial Online Services and your use of other websites or online services.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Corebridge Financial Online Services and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Corebridge Financial Online Services and e-mail recipients across the devices they use, to measure the success of our marketing campaigns and to compile statistics about usage of the Corebridge Financial Online Services and response rates. In some instances, we may combine information collected through these technologies with Personal Information we have about you.
Below is a description of some of the cookies, pixels and tags we may use on the Site, what they do, what data about you they collect and what we may use them for:
Adobe Analytics cookies – These cookies enable us to collect and analyze data about how visitors arrive at the Site and then how they interact with the Site, including products they may search, content they may view, and the steps leading up to a completed or abandoned sale. We use this aggregated information to adapt the Site to better serve your and other users’ needs and interests, and to provide more relevant and useful information. The cookie is placed on a visitor’s device and may remain for up to 2 years. It creates an anonymized code which identifies users, and this code “follows” the user in their journey through the Site. We use the aggregated and anonymized information for statistical analysis.
Corebridge Financial Facebook Conversions API – The Conversions API is designed to create a direct and reliable connection between marketing data (such as website events and offline conversions) from our server or website platform to Facebook. This can include Facebook likes, Facebook app IDs, mobile OS type and version, app name and version, opt-out settings, device metrics and IP address. This data helps power ad personalization, optimization and measurement on Facebook so that our ads are shown to people who are more likely to be interested in them. We may also provide Facebook with email addresses and phone numbers to create audiences. The Conversions API is placed on a user’s device for 90 days.
LinkedIn Insight Pixel Tag – This pixel collects URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics, and timestamp. The IP addresses are truncated/hashed and anonymized within 7 days. The remaining data is deleted in 180 days. The LinkedIn pixel allows us to measure, optimize and build audiences for our ad campaigns. LinkedIn does not share its members’ personal information with us and only provides reports and alerts about our website audience and ad performance. LinkedIn also provides retargeting for website visitors, enabling personalized ads off our website. LinkedIn also uses data collected to improve ad relevance and reach members across devices. LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes through their account settings. Our advertising partners have access to certain data (e.g., settings, billing center, reports, and add/edit campaign) to administer and execute campaigns on our behalf. They do not have access to any information collected on the Site through this pixel.
SessionCam Cookie – This includes persistent and session cookies that collect traffic data such as a user’s IP address, domain server, type of web browser, approximate geolocation data, browsing, and click-stream activity, session heatmaps and scrolls, and limited snapshots of certain webpages on our site except those that include visible personal information. When incorporated into our mobile services, this technology may provide us with information about the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device screen resolution, the type of network connection, your mobile operating system, other diagnostic data based on your interaction with the app (taps, swipes & pinches), and limited snapshots of our application screen that excludes all visible personal information. The services are also designed to automatically collect information about your various website visits to our Site and app usage—referral and exit pages, URLs, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and sections/features of websites/apps visited/utilized. We use this cookie to improve customer experience and to help us understand our website and mobile app activity. The persistent cookie expires in 5 years. This technology is running on our servers and the collected data remain in our possession and are not shared with any third-party.
Mixpanel Cookie - Mixpanel collects information about the use of our websites and applications, such as visits, page views, duration, devices, journey flow/paths taken to determine which areas of the Site and which features are popular. The cookie collects IP Addresses, geolocation data, website activity, browser information, and mobile application services usage information. Corebridge Financial will merge pre-login activity (cookie ID) and post-login activity (known user) when we convert via an online lead from an unknown user to a known user. This data includes first name, last name, user ID, email, zip, and phone. This enables Corebridge Financial to get a full view and history of the user’s engagement with our Site(s). The cookie is placed on a visitor’s device for up to one year. MixPanel shares the data collected with their third-party service providers.
Opinion Lab - This cookie collects customer feedback regarding website experience, including satisfaction score, and allows a user to provide the user’s name and phone number for callback assistance from one of our representatives. The cookie also collects feedback reported, domain, IP address, OS name & version, browser name & version, user ID, page name and user type. The cookie expires after 30 days. Information collected by the cookie is shared with Verint.
Salesforce Interaction Studio – Interaction Studio may collect first name, last name, user ID, email address, zip code, telephone number, IP address, location, website activity (pages you have visited on our website, links you have clicked on our website, and any forms you have completed on our website), browser information, devices and duration on our page(s). We use this information to personalize your experience on our website. We may also send this information to our Salesforce CRM or Marketing Cloud in order to send you email messages or for similar activities or to the Salesforce Datorama dashboard for analytics. The cookie expires 2 years from your most recent visit.
You can refuse to accept the cookies we use by adjusting your browser settings. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products.
- Using your Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Using information provided by you: Some information (for example, your location or preferred means of communication) is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with other Personal Information, this information generally does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate and use certain information (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable laws. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable laws, or if we combine Other Information with Personal Information, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “Other Information We Collect” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other software application developer or provider, social media platform, operating system or wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Use of Services by Minors
The Corebridge Financial Online Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Corebridge Financial Online Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor and believe we may have improperly collected or processed the Personal Information of a minor for whom you are responsible, you may contact us at PrivacyInfo@aig.com.