At Corebridge Retirement Services, we are committed to preventing and protecting your account by leveraging strong firewalls, encryption, secure email, as well as preemptive round the clock surveillance. But it takes a commitment from you as the first line of defense to help protect your account from fraud and cyber attempts.
DOL cybersecurity tips and best practices
The U.S. Department of Labor recently released cybersecurity guidance. Read how their guidelines align with ours.
Here are some tips and key features you can use to better safeguard your account:
- Complete your online registration and enroll in E-Delivery- You can access your retirement account online safely and securely through our online experience. Elect to receive your account statements and plan information electronically. Register or enroll in E-Delivery today
- Manage strong, complex passwords- Use combinations that include numbers, characters and letters to help make your password more challenging to "crack" and use different passwords for all of your accounts.
- Leverage multi-factor authentication- You will receive a security code via text or email when engaging our digital tools or call center to verify who is accessing the account.
- Securely share documents- Use the Message Center to send and receive important plan documents securely.
- Be data vigilant- Ensure all contact information remains up-to-date and check your accounts frequently to monitor for activity.
- Employ safe computer practices- Turn on auto updates for patches, try not to review or check financials on public WiFi or hotspots, and be suspicious of unknown emails and embedded links.
- Practice caution- Carefully guard personal information when asked from unknown numbers and never provide sensitive data on similar sites.
Our account protection responsibility
Account protection is a partnership. You have a role to play in the protection of your accounts by taking appropriate actions and using safe practices to defend against cyber and fraud attempts. In the event assets are taken from an account, through no fault of your own, we will replace the full value to make your accounts whole. Not taking advantage of these safety features may affect the replacement of assets; see account protection responsibility terms and conditions for details.
Preventing and protecting your retirement account from fraud and cyber attempts
To learn more about our security features and our account protection responsibility, please visit: our Security Center website.
To streamline management of your account and simplify access to important information, register your account online today.