The Salvation Army Southern Territory, a mainstay of charitable good works, sought a retirement plan provider that would administer its multi-layered program while working closely with the Army to fulfill its vision of the best program possible. Corebridge Retirement Services (formerly AIG Retirement Services) was selected and an eight-month transition began, which included onsite meetings and weekly implementation calls.
Challenges & Implementation:
The sheer size of the endeavor was daunting, as the Salvation Army Southern Territory stretches from Texas to Florida.
Intensive communications were key to a successful transition and ongoing retirement plan administration. Hallmarks of the communication strategy included:
- Programs highlighting videos featuring Salvation Army Southern Territory executives
- Workshop-style, in-person meetings with the plan sponsor
- Quick access to all employee transition materials through the creation of a custom website
- Ongoing communication materials that promoted retirement readiness and financial literacy
- Emails with embedded videos, handouts about plan highlights
Impact: Working closely with The Salvation Army Southern Territory, we energized employees to re-engage with their retirement plan. More than 50% of the Salvation Army plan participants attended plan transition meetings during the implementation phase.