Nestled in the Ozark Mountain region of southwest Missouri, Drury University is a private liberal arts institution dedicated to personalized education, blending theoretical knowledge with practical applications to the 21st century. The university has 11 locations serving approximately 2,700 students.
Drury University sought a plan administrator that could provide the services required to maintain a robust retirement plan. This would include:
- Providing comprehensive participant education, particularly during the initial plan rollout
- Informing participants about the option to roll over their current plan assets to a new provider
- Leveraging compliance services, including fee disclosures, audit support and compliance testing
- Maintaining a high standard of performance while serving the needs of the university and its employees
Challenges & Implementation:
After Drury University switched to Corebridge Retirement Services (formerly AIG Retirement Services) from a previous provider, employees were resistant to engaging in the plan due to past inadequate services.
We partnered with the university’s executives to overcome reluctance through comprehensive communications and education, which included:
- Five group informational sessions
- At least 375 individual meetings